Luis R. Izquierdo is a research scientist with a strong background in Computer Modelling, Economics and Mathematics. His main area of expertise is game theory and the analysis of complex systems. Luis is currently lecturing Machine Learning, Finance, Complex Systems Modelling, Economics and Statistics at the University of Burgos (Spain). Curriculum vitae.
e-mail: lrizquierdo @ ubu . es
Learning and Evolutionary Game Theory, Social dilemmas, Complex systems modelling, Philosophy of modelling and the use of models, networks, complexity ...
- Leave and let leave: A sufficient condition to explain the evolutionary emergence of cooperation
[5-minute video summary]
Izquierdo, L.R., Izquierdo, S.S. & Vega-Redondo, F. (2014). Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control 46, pp. 91-113.
[Download at publishers's site] | [Download unformatted version] | [Computational model] | [Presentation]
- Combining Mathematical and Simulation Approaches to Understand the Dynamics of Computer Models. [Download] | [Download at publisher]
Izquierdo, L.R., Izquierdo, S.S., Galán J.M. & Santos, J.I. (2013). In Edmonds, B. & Meyer, R. (eds.) Simulating Social Complexity: A Handbook. Series: Understanding Complex Systems. Springer-Verlag, pp. 235-271.
- Transient and asymptotic dynamics of reinforcement learning in games. [Download]
Izquierdo, L.R., Izquierdo, S.S., Gotts, N.M. & Polhill, J.G. (2007). Games and Economic Behavior, Volume 61, Issue 2, pp. 259-276.
[Model] | [Expected motion] | [Presentation]
- The impact of quality uncertainty without asymmetric information on market efficiency. [Download]
Izquierdo, S.S. & Izquierdo, L.R. (2007). Journal of Business Research, Volume 60, Issue 8, pp. 858-867.
- Appearances can be deceiving: lessons
learned reimplementing Axelrod's "evolutionary approach to norms".
Galán J.M. & Izquierdo, L.R. (2005). Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation 8(3)2.
[Download] | [Presentation] | [Code and user guide]
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.